Problem compiling Coq
Stefan Berghofer
2012-01-10 10:17:19 UTC
Dear Coq club,

I have some problems compiling coq-8.3pl3. I am using ocaml-3.12.1 and
camlp5-6.03 in transitional mode (the README file claims that this version
is compatible with ocaml-3.12.1). However, when I try to compile Coq with
"make world", it aborts with the message

Testing parsing/grammar.cma
Fatal error: Ocaml and preprocessor have incompatible versions
Fatal error: exception Misc.Fatal_error

I also tried the -camlp5dir of the configure script, but without success.
Is this a known problem, or am I just too dumb?

Greetings,
Stefan
Daniel de Rauglaudre
2012-01-10 10:28:53 UTC
Post by Stefan Berghofer
Testing parsing/grammar.cma
Fatal error: Ocaml and preprocessor have incompatible versions
Fatal error: exception Misc.Fatal_error
Strange. It means that Camlp5 is not working, i.e. not installed? Does
it work when, e.g. launching the OCaml toplevel and testing:
ocaml -I +camlp5
# #load "camlp5o.cma";;

Or perhaps, you forgot to make clean before recompiling Coq?
--
Daniel de Rauglaudre
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/
Stefan Berghofer
2012-01-10 10:53:05 UTC
Post by Daniel de Rauglaudre
Strange. It means that Camlp5 is not working, i.e. not installed? Does
ocaml -I +camlp5
# #load "camlp5o.cma";;
Or perhaps, you forgot to make clean before recompiling Coq?
Hi Daniel,

thanks for the hint. It turned out that I already had an older version
of ocaml installed on my system, and I somehow managed to pick the wrong
one. After changing my PATH, it worked.

Greetings,
Stefan